One-stop drop-off recycling from 9am – noon is available the morning of the Expo! See a full list below of acceptable items being collected by Home Sweet Home Ministries, Midwest Fiber COPS Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding, the Lions Club, Bloomington-Normal Terracycle, Kern Mattress Outlet and Book To Benefit. Drive through with your unconventional recyclables, and then head inside to the Expo!
MEGA recycling will be in the north parking (off of Fell Avenue) at the Shirk Center.
Collected by Home Sweet Home Ministries
- Computer towers
- All computer parts except for CRT Monitors
- Printers, scanners, fax machines
- DVD players/VCR
- Video Game consoles
- Radios, Stereos, MP3, cell phones
- LCD type monitors and LCD type TVs
- Loose cords
- Textiles – wearable or not
Collected by the Lion’s Club
- Hearing Aids
- Christmas lights
Collected by Kern Mattress
Collected by Books To Benefit
- Books (in good condition)
- Please refer to the full Terracycle listing on the Ecology Action Center website
Paper Shredding provided by Midwest Fiber Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding (COPS)
Items NOT accepted
- No CRT TVs or Monitors
- No Household electronics such as lamps, vacuums, irons, etc.
- No Kitchen appliances small or large
- No Dehumidifiers
- No Air Conditioners
No Household Hazardous materials – including paint, stains, chemicals of any kind
No batteries or lightbulbs
No plastic garden pots
This list is subject to change before the event. Please call the EAC with any questions – 309-454-3169 ext 12.