One-stop drop-off recycling from 9am – noon is available the morning of the Expo! See a full list below of acceptable items being collected by Home Sweet Home Ministries, Midwest Fiber COPS Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding, the Lions Club, Bloomington-Normal Terracycle, Kern Mattress Outlet and Book To Benefit. Drive through with your unconventional recyclables, and then head inside to the Expo!
MEGA recycling will be in the north parking (off of Fell Avenue) at the Shirk Center.
- Computer towers
- All computer parts except for CRT Monitors
- Printers, scanners, fax machines
- DVD players/VCR
- Video Game consoles
- Radios, Stereos, MP3, cell phones
- LCD type monitors and LCD type TVs
- Loose cords
Textiles – wearable or not
Corrugated plastic yard signs (such as campaign signs)
Books (in good condition)
- Baby Food Pouch: We accept all baby and toddler food plastic pouches and caps (such as Go-Go Squeeze, Ella’s, Earth’s Best, etc.). Please – Leave cap on to reduce smell.
- Brita® or PUR®: We will accept all brands of pitchers, individual filtration bottles, filters, foil filter packaging, and faucet filtration systems.
- Cereal Bag: We accept any brand heavy plastic cereal bags and any plastic cereal bag liners from inside of cereal boxes. (Cardboard cereal boxes go in regular city recycling).
- Chip and Snacking Bag: We accept any size chip or snacking bags (such as from potato or corn chips, pretzels, foil lined snack crackers packages, etc.) and the heavy plastic outer bags from multi-packs.
- Contact Lens: We accept all brands of contact lenses, plus foil and blister packaging.
- Dental and Deodorant: We accept all brands toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, floss containers, mouthwash bottles and caps, plastic deodorant containers and caps; also, plastic soap wrappers from multi-packs. Please note: we do not accept aerosol deodorant cans which go in regular city recycling.
- Entenmann’s Little Bites Pouches: We accept Only Entenmann’s brand Little Bites plastic pouches.
- Granola Bag (Bear Naked Granola): We accept Bear Naked brand Granola bags, and Bear Naked brand Granola Bites bags.
- Granola Bar and Protein Bar Wrapper: We accept Foil-lined only: such as energy bar, granola bar, meal replacement bar, and protein bar wrappers; and foil lined powdered drink tubes.
- Personal Care & Beauty: We accept any emptied personal care or beauty product plastic containers including, but not limited to lipstick tubes, shampoo/conditioner/hairspray bottles, powder cases, plastic deodorant items, any type of lotion tubes and bottles, etc., plastic razors, nasal spray bottles. NOTE: Nail polish bottles of any kind and aerosol cans are NOT accepted. Hairspray & deodorant aerosol cans go in regular city recycling. For all donations, please empty any contents as much as possible before donating to decrease shipping weight.
- Plastic Cup: We accept ONLY #6 rigid plastic cups – empty, rinse and let dry before donating.
Paper for shredding – Midwest Fiber’s Confidential Paper Shredding truck will be on hand for your convenience.
Items NOT accepted
- No CRT TVs or Monitors
- No Household electronics such as lamps, vacuums…
- No Kitchen appliances small or large
- No Dehumidifiers
- No Air Conditioners
No Household Hazardous materials – including paint, stains, chemicals of any kind
No batteries or lightbulbs
No plastic garden pots
This list is subject to change before the event. Please call the EAC with any questions – 309-454-3169 ext 12.