What is the Renewable Fashion Challenge?
- Here is your chance to be creative with pre-loved clothing from local thrift stores to imitate a high fashion outfit from a magazine or even online!
- This challenge is where high fashion meets sustainability! So YOU can have a direct impact on your community and even the world!
- The Ecology Action Center and Home Sweet Home Ministries Mission Mart host this event.
- The fashion show is Saturday, April 12.
- Rehearsal will start at 8am and the show starts at 10am!
So why renewable fashion?
- “Green is the New Black,” means you CAN have high fashion outfits without all of the environmental costs- you just have to be a creative, patient and determined shopper!
- Each year in the U.S., 25 billion pounds of textiles are produced and over 21 billion pounds of textiles are sent to landfills.
- Getting a garment from design to manufacture to global transit to retail store requires a mind-boggling amount of environmental resources- water, pesticides, chemicals, energy.
- Discounted prices at the local “fashion hot spots” in town to assemble your outfit.
- Fashion Hot Spots are a local resale shop that will be providing clothing and accessories to participants of the Renewable Fashion Challenge at a discount price.
- Contact Kris Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a Fashion Hot Spot.
- Designers from Paul Mitchell The School will have all of our contestants looking fabulous with complimentary hair styling and makeup!
- A winner will be chosen for the closest imitation with prize giveaways.
What you need to do:
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
We hope to see you strut sustainability on our catwalk!
Contact Kris Hall at email@example.com with further questions!